Wednesday, February 18, 2009

NOTES for TGJ 4MG for Thursday and Friday

Hello grade 12 graphics students. As you know, I'm away sick and I'm expecting you to be working on your assignment! While I won't be there to check on your thumbnail sketches, I'm still expecting you to do them! And I will be checking them when I return (which will be imminent - sooner than you think!). You must begin working on creating the vector portrait for your poster if you haven't already.
Your assignment: Post your rough work/work in progress of your vector portrait with some rough layout work of your poster on your blog by the end of the day Friday. I will be checking your progress over the weekend and will be giving you a progress mark, so please don't forget to post your rough work.
What do I expect to see?
1. I expect to see the basic outline of the portrait of your individual - not necessarily in full colour, but definitely the outline of the vector shapes you will be using to create the image of their face.
2. I also expect to see a basic layout of your poster, with the slogan or word and/or text block you are using. You don't need to have your final wording done, but the layout and styling should be in place.
3. Save your rough work for web either as a .gif or .jpg
4. Create a new post adding the image in a centered layout and then write a paragraph that explains the concept of your poster. How does your layout and wording serve to celebrate the individual that you have chosen?

No comments:

Post a Comment